Friday, February 25, 2011

Which diet is better for acid reflux?

I have had acid reflux for a little over a year and I was diagnosed last month with Barrett's esophagus were enrolled. I'm on Prevacid for a year. I was told by my gastroenterologist that I probably will keep going back on Prevacid for the rest of my life. I read on different diets. I have read that an alkaline diet is good for people who struggle with digestive problems. I also read an article about how a gluten-free diet, are people that Barrett's esophagus (the article I had read about gluten-free diet was not detected or investigated) is to help So my question is which diet is best for someone who works with Barrett's esophagus? Alkaline diet or gluten-free diet? Chron's disease are helped by the gluten-free diet, it would not hurt to try. but the problem (and maybe me) is caused by reflux disease, despite treatment and diet that are known. I've seen reports that the gluten-free diet may in some cases of acid reflux (which is the cause of the symptom complex called Barrett's esophagus), certainly can not hurt to try a couple of weeks. If this fails, you have not missed much. Alkaline diet can cause health problems in the future, the natural balance of stomach acid. In any event, the Prevacid order to avoid the production of stomach acid (which will make it difficult to digest foods, such as the acid is part of the process), it would be if an invention, you have done so much . You should avoid fatty foods, eat small meals and increase consumption of fruits and vegetables. This also applies if you go for gluten-free diet. If you eat fatty foods, they do after about 13 hours. Keep a food diary where you write down everything you eat and every time there is acid reflux. Remember, it takes up to 36 hours to completely digest food, so you might want something you ate yesterday does not currently seem to fit what they eat. Actually, you do not solve problems eat acid reflux disease. If you limit your food to stop the reflux returns. It's the same for drugs. They help to prevent symptoms, but only so long as you take on. If you stop taking them, back reflux. If you find a killer home remedies for acid reflux http://banishacidreflux.com visit. The home remedies that they describe different foods, use the wonders of healing of acid reflux and heartburn. So you can eat whatever you want .

0 comments:

Post a Comment